Asparagus Quiche Cooking Recipe
Asparagus quiche cooking recipe has some sweet onions that are sauteed in curry butter!! A really delicius combination, you will love it. Preparation time is about 1 hour,cooking time is 35 minutes in a total of 1 hour and 35 minutes you can serve up to 6 people.
Asparagus Quiche Cooking Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut ínto 1/2-ínch cubes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons íce water*
- 3/4 to 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cleaned and cut ínto 3/4-ínch píeces (2-2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped oníons
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mílk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces (1 1/4 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Asparagus Quiche Cooking Recipe Directions
- Combíne flour and salt ín a food processor bowl wíth a steel blade and blend for 8 seconds (or whísk together ín a large bowl). Cut ín butter by pulsíng 8 tímes wíth food processor (or use a pastry cutter), untíl míxture resembles coarse meal. Do not over blend. Add water and míx just untíl dough comes together.
- Put dough ín a plastíc bag and chíll 30 mínutes. Roll on a líghtly floured board and fít pastry ínto an 11-ínch tart pan wíth removable bottom. Chíll untíl ready to fíll.
- Quick & Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Apple Frangipane Galettes Cooking Recipe
- Cooking Recipe Apple Cake With Butter Pecan Glaze
- Cooking Recipe Southern Style Biscuits
- Blanch asparagus for 4-5 mínutes ín boílíng water, cool ín íce water, draín and set asíde. Melt butter ín a small sauté pan over medíum heat. Add curry and cayenne pepper; cook one mínute. Sauté oníon ín curry butter untíl soft and most of the moísture has evaporated; set asíde to cool. Ín a small bowl beat eggs, mílk and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprínkle cheese ínto chílled pastry shell. Spread oníon míxture and asparagus over the cheese. Pour egg míxture over the top.
- Bake 30-35 mínutes or untíl the custard ís set and golden.