Budget Friendly BBQ Chicken Pizza
This Budget Friendly BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe can serve up to 8 persons.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Ingredients
½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup sugar-free apricot preserves
¼ cup barbeque sauce
½ teaspoon hot sauce
1 (12-inch) pre-packaged whole wheat Italian pizza crust
½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup reduced-fat shredded Italian Style cheese
½ teaspoon dried oregano
BBQ Chicken Pizza Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt (optional) and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the oven and chop into half-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar-free apricot preserves, barbeque sauce, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon the sauce over the pizza crust. Top the crust with cooked chicken, sliced onion, and cheese. Sprinkle the cheese with the dried oregano.
- Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
RECIPE COST: $9.94
See Also:Barbecued Beef Gluten Free
Thanks for reading don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and family.