Knitting Pattern For Scarf
A really great knitting pattern for scarf combine of textured stitches and multi color yarns create a awesome scarf to wear everyday with any outfit in the cold days of winter.Designed by Kathy Sasser. Also it’s easy to knit and it’s one of the best next projects for beginning knitter.Enjoy knitting and don’t forget that “Winter is coming”.
Knitting Pattern For Scarf Materials and measures
- Scarf measures 8” x 62”.
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 2 skeins 794 Bay Print.
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7].
- Crochet Hook: 4mm [US G-6] for applying fringe.
- Yarn needle.
- RED HEART ® “Super Saver®”, Art.E300 available in solid color – 7oz (198g),364yd (333m) or multi or fleck color – 5oz(141g), 244yd (223m) skeins.
- Lapghan Knitting Patterns
- Knitting Patterns Cabled Poncho
- Baby Knitting Patterns Hat And Jacket
- Cowl Neck Sweater Knitting Pattern
Knitting Pattern For Scarf Gauge
GAUGE: 18 sts = 4”; 29 rows = 4” in pattern. CHECK
YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the
Knitting Pattern For Scarf Instructions
Cast on 36 stitchess.
Rows 1 and 3 (Right Side): Knit.
Rows 2 and 4: Purl.
Rows 5-8: Knit.
Rows 9-12: Repeat Rows 1-4.
Row 13: * Knit 2, Purl 1, Knit 1; repeat from * across.
Row 14: * Knit 1, Purl 1; repeat from * across.
Row 15: * Purl 1, Knit 3; repeat from * across.
Rows 16 and 18: Purl.
Rows 17: Knit.
Rows 19-24: Repeat Rows 13-18.
Rows 25-28: Knit.
Repeat Rows 1-28 for pattern 15 more times, then work
Rows 1-4 once more. Bind off.
Fringe: Cut 11” strands of yarn. Holding 4 strands together, knot fringe across each end of scarf as follows:fold strands in half forming a loop; insert the crochet hook through the fabric from the wrong side and draw the loop through, then draw the yarn ends through the loop and tighten. Repeat across each end of scarf. Trim yarn ends.
ABBREVIATIONS: K = knit; mm = millimeters; P = purl; st(s) = stitch (es); * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.