Aran Tube Top Free Knitting Pattern
Aran Tube Top Free Knitting Pattern is a gorgeous free knitting pattern for ladies. IF you want to make something classical and gorgeous the same time this is the free knitting pattern you need.
Aran Tube Top Free Knitting Pattern Materials
Aspen, 4 (5,6) balls 100% Australian Merino 130 yds / 50 gms
Sizes 4 and 8 needles
X-small (Small, Medium, Large)
20 sts and 30 rows over Plait Cable using larger needles.
Aran Tube Top Free Knitting Pattern Instructions
Knitting Pattern Stitches
Plait Cable (13 sts)
- Row 1 (Right Side) P2, k9, p2
- Rows 2 K2, p9, k2
- Row 3 P2, sl next 3 sts to dpn and hold in front, k3, then k3 from dpn; k3, p2.
- Rows 4 and 6 Rep row 2
- Row 5 Rep row 1
- Row 7 P2, k3, sl next 3 sts to dpn and hold in back, k3, then k3 from dpn; p2.
- Row 8 rep row 2
- Rep rows 1 through 8
Diamon Moss (13 sts)
- Row 1 (Wrong Side) K5, p1, k1, p1, k5
- Row 2 P5, sl next 2 sts to dpn and hold in front, k1-b, then sl the purl st from dpn to left hand needle and purl it, then k1-b from dpn; p5
- Row 3 Rep row 1
- Row 4 P4, sl next st to dpn and hold in back, k1-b, then p1 from dpn (back cross, BC); k1; sl next st to dpn and hold in front, p1, then k1-b from dpn (front cross, FC); p4
- Row 5 and all subsequent wrong side rows K the knit and p the purl sts.
- Row 6 P3, BC, k1, p1, k1, FC, p3
- Rows 8 P2, BC, (k1, p1) twice, k1, FC, p2
- Row 10 P1, BC, (k1, p1) 3 times, k1, FC, p1
- Rows 12 BC, (k1, p1) 4 times, k1, FC
- Rows 14 FC, (p1, k1) 4 times , p1, BC
- Row 16 P1, FC, (p1, k1) 3 times, p1, BC, p1
- Row 18 P2, FC, (p1, k1) twice, p1, BC, p2
- Row 20 P3, FC, p1, k1, p1, BC, p3
- Row 22 P4, FC, p1, BC, p4
- Rep rows 1 throught 22
With larger needles, cast on 75 (85, 95, 105) sts. Work in K1, p1 for 2 inches. Next rows (pattern set up row) P5 (10, 15, 20), *Work Diamond Moss over next 13 sts, Plait Cable over next 13 sts*, rep from * to * once more, work Diamond Moss over next 13 sts, p5 (10, 15, 20). Work in pats as established until piece measures 14 inches from beg, or desired length.
Next row (Right Side) with smaller needles, work in St st fro 1/4 inch. Next row Work 4 st buttonhole in center of piece.Continue until St st edge is 1 inch. Bind off.
Work same as for back, omitting buttonhole in St st edge. Sew side seams. Make 36 inch 4 st I cord. Place cord in center of Wrong Side of St st upper edge, pulling both ends through front buttonhole row. Fold over and sew in place on Wrong Side.