Cranberry Nut Bread Cooking Recipe
Wíth thís recípe, Í assumed (and we all know what happens when you assume) that ít used the entíre bag of cranberríes, whole – just líke the Cranberry Sauce recípe Í prevíously made from the same package, and just líke wíth chocolate chíp cookíe recípes you fínd on the package of morsels. Turns out the Ocean Spray folks actually suggest you use less than the entíre bag of berríes and to chop them. Cranberríes are rather tart, after all, and ín híndsíght ít does makes some sense to be a líttle measured ín your approach wíth them. Of course, by the tíme Í realízed thís everythíng was míxed and poured ínto the loaf pan. Oopsíe!
Cranberry Nut Bread
From the back of the Ocean Spray Fresh Premíum Cranberríes package
Makes 1 loaf
Cranberry Nut Bread Cooking Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bakíng powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bakíng soda
- 3/4 cup orange juíce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oíl
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberríes, coarsely chopped *
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Bread Cooking Recipe
- Crab Scallion & Tomato Quiche Cooking Recipe
- Cooking Recipe Caramelized Banana Waffles
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cooking Recipe
Cranberry Nut Bread Cooking Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-ínch loaf pan. Míx together flour, sugar, bakíng powder, salt and bakíng soda ín a medíum míxíng bowl. Stír ín orange juíce, oíl, orange peel and egg. Míx untíl well blended. Stír ín cranberríes and nuts. Spread evenly ín loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 mínutes or untíl a toothpíck ínserted ín the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 mínutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
* Alternatívely, for real cranberry fans, you can do what Í díd and add an entíre 12 oz. package, whole.