The recipe that should not be missing from the festive table. Its a traditional pilaf, the most delicious Greek cooking recipe. An excellent combination of aromas, flavors and materials. We can also use it as a filling in turkey or chicken. If you use this recipe you will cook 4 portions.
- 1 half cup rice for pilaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- 800 gr. bird livers
- 1 large onion, grated on the grater
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp almonds, whitewashed
- 2 tbsp raisins, blondes
- Half a flash. dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. allspice powder
- Half a k.c. pepper
- Half a k.c. salt
- First, leave the rice in hot water with 1 tablespoon of salt for one to one and a half hours.
- Rinse it well under tap water and leave it in a colander to drain.
- Then boil the livers and chop them finely.
- Heat the butter and sauté the onion, pine nuts and almonds lightly.
- Add the rice, sauté it lightly and add the salt, pepper, tomato paste dissolved in cold water, the sugar and finally the chicken broth.
- Mix well.
- Cover the pot and then boil the pilaf for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Lower the hob and let the pilaf absorb its broth.
- Then add the raisins, the livers, the allspice and the dill.
- Leave the pilaf in the pot on the hob without fire for about 15 minutes.
Before serving the pilaf, mix from the bottom up with a wooden spoon and transfer it to a platter.
Our pilaf is ready.
Good luck and bon appétit!
- Decorate the pilaf with dill, chestnuts boiled and finely chopped and with pomegranate if desired.