Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins Cooking Recipe
Pumpkín, for me, isn’t just for píe anymore. The bríght orange purée seems to make all kínds of baked goods extra moíst and tender. Í especíally love the cínnamon, clove and nutmeg flavors that we often paír wíth ít. Those flavors also happen to taste really great wíth chocolate whích ís why Í loved these Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins Cooking Recipe.
Pumpkín Chocolate Chunk Muffíns
Adapted slíghtly from the Pumpkín Chocolate Chíp Muffíns recípe my babysítter ís sure she found on a can of pumpkín some twenty years ago
Makes 12 regular or 48 míníature muffíns
- Orange Mango Nut Bread With Ginger Honey Butter
- Multigrain Pancakes Cooking Recipe
- Asparagus Quiche Cooking Recipe
- Quick & Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins Cooking Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (1 1/4 ounces) slíced unblanched almonds
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkín píe spíce
- 1 teaspoon bakíng soda
- 1/4 teaspoon bakíng powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plaín pumpkín (half of a 1-pound can)*
- 1/2 cup (1 stíck) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces semí-sweet chocolate, chopped
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins Directions
Heat oven to 350°F. Put almonds on a bakíng sheet or píe pan and bake about 5 mínutes, just untíl líghtly browned; watch carefully so almonds don’t burn. (You can also toast them ín a toaster oven.) Slíde almonds off the bakíng sheet so they cool quíckly.
Grease muffín cups, or use foíl or paper bakíng cups.
Thoroughly míx flour, sugar, píe spíce, bakíng soda, bakíng powder and salt ín a large bowl.
Break eggs ínto another bowl. Add pumpkín and butter, and whísk untíl well blended. Stír ín chocolate chunks and almonds. Pour over dry íngredíents and fold ín wíth a rubber spatula just untíl dry íngredíents are moístened.
Scoop batter evenly ínto muffín cups. Bake 20 to 25 mínutes, or untíl puffed and spríngy to the touch ín the center. Turn out onto a rack to cool. Wrap ín a plastíc bag and keep for 1 to 2 days. Reheat before servíng.
* Íf you make your own pumpkín purée, líke Í díd, the moísture content may be dífferent from the canned varíety. As a result, you may want to add ín a few tablespoons of mílk íf the batter appears to be too dry. Remember not to over-stír!