This recipe is a must for sushi fans!Here is a quick tip for this sushi roll,if you press the rice onto the nori, sprinkle sesame seeds and flip it over onto the bamboo mat (wrapped in syran wrap) so the rice is on the bottom and nori on top. Fill with whatever you want and roll.
You can make small snack ones with cucumber and carrot in them (nori outside, rice inside), crab salad instead of the crab stick with avocado, shrimp with cucumber and this spicy sauce they make at the sushi station (consisting of rice vinegar, mayo and chill sauce (the oriental one), the other shrimp one is shrimp, spicy sauce, avocado and these little crispy rice balls (not sure what they are called but it adds a little crunch) wow are they good!
The trick to perfect sushi is a tight roll! Use the mat and press tight each turn you make with the mat, this will make the rolls tight and things wont fall out or come apart. Good Luck and Enjoy!
Sushi Roll Ingredients
- 2/3 cup uncooked short-grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 sheets nori seaweed sheets
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 pound imitation crab meat, flaked
- Low Fat White Bread
- Low Fat Pizza Crust
- Maple Salmon 300 Calories Recipe
- Sloppy Joes II 300 Calories Recipe
Sushi Roll Directions
- Preparation Time 45 Minutes
- Ready In 45 Minutes
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/3 cups water to a boil. Add rice, and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar ,and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). On a medium baking sheet, heat nori in the preheated oven 1 to 2 minutes, until warm.
- Center one sheet nori on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer. Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber, ginger, avocado, and imitation crab meat in a line down the center of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife.