Sweet and Spicy Chicken
Sweet…yes. Spicy…yes. Also you can try following changes at this specific sweet and spicy chicken: 1. Dredging the chicken strips in flour before sauteing, which will help them brown better and help thicken the sauce. 2. Saute on med.-high heat instead of medium. 3. Simmer the sauce while you preparing the chicken, then add to the chicken as called for. Because, it took much longer than 8-10 minutes to reduce the sauce, and the chicken dried out.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking 12 Minutes
Ready In 22 Minutes
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken 300 Calories Recipe
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Vegetarian
- Quinoa and Black Beans Vegetarian
- Guacamole Vegetarian Recipe
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Instructions
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.