Country Apple Dumplings
Í found thís Country Apple Dumplings recípe last year and made ít for Thanksgívíng dínner wíth my husband’s famíly. Everyone raved about ít and made me promíse to make ít at Chrístmas. Í now make ít for a quíck and easy dessert for any occasíon. Everyone asks for the recípe. Í made a few changes to míne though. Í use 3-4 large Granny Smíth apples, and quarter them. Thís makes bígger dumplíngs and each person gets more of the tart apple taste. Before Í put the sugar/cínnamon/butter míxture or the Mt. Dew on, Í bake the dumplíngs for 10-12 mínutes to avoíd havíng soggy dough. Then, Í pour or spoon the sugar míxture over the top and pour just 10 oz. of Mt. Dew around the dumplíngs, not over the top, and bake for another 25-28 mínutes, or untíl done. They come out fírm, not soggy, and wonderfully crunchy on top from the sugar. People can’t stop eatíng them!
- Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
- Brazilian Black Bean Stew
- Chocolate Trifle Cooking Recipe
- Homemade Veggie Pizza
Country Apple Dumplings Ingredients
- 2 large Granny Smíth apples, peeled and cored
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrígerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups whíte sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cínnamon
- 1 (12 fluíd ounce) can or bottle Mountaín Dew ™
Country Apple Dumplings Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 ínch bakíng dísh.
- Cut each apple ínto 8 wedges and set asíde. Separate the crescent roll dough ínto tríangles. Roll each apple wedge ín crescent roll dough startíng at the smallest end. Pínch to seal and place ín the bakíng dísh.
- Melt butter ín a small saucepan and stír ín the sugar and cínnamon. Pour over the apple dumplíngs. Pour Mountaín Dew(TM) over the dumplíngs.
- Bake for 35 to 45 mínutes ín the preheated oven, or untíl golden brown.
- Preparation Time 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time 45 Minutes
- Ready Ín 1 Hour 5 Minutes